Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to and regulate the provision of financial services provided by Almond Finance (hereinafter called “Almond”) to the Customer herein. These Terms and Conditions constitute Almond’s offer and sets out the terms governing this Agreement.
How to Use Almond Account
This is an open-end credit account where you access direct loan or credit facility using our app, while you repay the loan or credit facility on a future date via cash transfer or electronic repayment.
Conditions for Use of App
To use the App:
1. You must: (a) accept and agree to these Terms and Conditions; (b) register with us on the app; (c) provide all information as may be requested by us, such as your name, email address, mobile device number, online credentials for your bank account, and such other information as we may request from time to time (collectively, “Customer Information”).
2. You represent and warrant that all Customer Information you provide us from time to time is truthful, accurate, current, and complete, and you agree not to misrepresent your identity or your Customer Information.
3. You agree to promptly notify us of changes to your Customer Information by updating your profile on the app and to notify us at least five business days before any changes to your bank account information, including, but not limited to, the closure of your bank account for any reason.
As a Customer, you consent to and agree that:
▪ We can provide materials and other information about your legal rights and duties to you electronically.
▪ We are authorized to share, receive and use data/information collected from your transaction with other affiliated third parties including but not limited to switching companies, mobile network operators, electricity companies, aggregators, credit bureaus, other financial institutions, e-commerce platforms, etc.
▪ You consent to our transferring your data to recipients in foreign countries to process such data. You are aware of the risks involved in such transfer to such foreign countries and that such transfer is required for the performance of our contract with you.
▪ Your electronic signature on agreements and documents has the same effect as if you signed them using ink on paper or any other physical means.
▪ We can send all important communications, billing statements and demand notes and reminders (collectively referred to as “Disclosures”) to you electronically via our website or to an email address that you provide to us while applying to use our services.
Duties and Obligations of Almond
1. We shall provide the Service to Customer and ensure that the Service is available to the Customer for use at all time, excepting technological difficulties beyond our control.
2. We shall have the right to suspend or block a user account in accordance with our termination policy below.
3. We reserve the right to impose limits on transactions and account balances in accordance with the Central Bank regulations or its own policies and procedures. Information about these limits will be available via the Almond website or contact center.
Service and Transaction Fees
1. We shall charge a certain amount as a transaction fee for the use of the Almond account.
2. The Transaction fee may be increased or decreased from time to time by the Almond. Such change in Transaction fee will take effect on your account following a minimum of fifteen (15) days written notice.
Termination of the Account
We may terminate this Agreement at any time and for any reason subject to the requirements of applicable law.
We may terminate your account in the event that we discover you have breached the terms of this agreement.
We may terminate your Account by sending written notice to the address on your application.
If there is no debt or credit on your Account for twelve (12) consecutive months, we may terminate this Account without notice to you.
When Termination arises as a result of the default, you shall not be able to apply for credit in the future but all outstanding fees and obligations shall remain payable even after termination.
You will indemnify and hold harmless Almond Finance, our officers, directors, agents, partners, employees, licensors, distributors, and representatives from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, suits, proceedings, losses, damages, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from or relating to your access and/or use of, or interaction with the Almond app (including, without limitation, Third Party Content), or any act, error, or omission of your use of your account or any user of your account, in connection therewith, including, but not limited to, matters relating to incorrect, incomplete, or misleading information; libel; invasion of privacy; infringement of a copyright, trade name, trademark, service mark, or other intellectual property; any defective product or any injury or damage to person or property caused by any products sold or otherwise distributed through or in connection with the Service; or violation of any applicable law.
We make no representation or warranty, whether express or implied, as to the operation and functionally of the Service.
Changes to This Policy
We may from time to time amend the Services offered or the terms and conditions related to the use of the Service. Customer will be notified of material changes only, within a reasonable period of time of the changes to the Service or its terms and conditions of use. Customer will have (30) days from receipt of notification to terminate the Service if Customer does not agree with the amended terms and conditions. If Customer continues to use the Service within (30) days after we have sufficiently given Customer notice of the amendments, or (30) days have lapsed without Customer notifying us of his/ her intention to terminate, we will be entitled to assume that Customer has read and agreed to be bound by the amended Service or terms and conditions.
Updated May 2020